Careers at IOLLA
IOLLA is a new brand of eyewear that is revolutionising the traditional optical market. Our proposition is to bring great quality eyewear inclusive of prescription lenses and coatings straight to the customer at £65. We combine online selling with physical retail spaces to give our customers the opportunity to try eyewear on before they buy. We currently have one showroom in Glasgow’s West End with more on the way, and have ambitious plans for the future.
We’re looking for exceptional people to join us as we put these into practice. For the right candidates, we can offer significant responsibility from the start, and the opportunity to be part of a progressive, fast-changing environment.
Headquarters Dispensing Optician
What's the role?
We’re seeking an experienced dispensing optician to join our headquarters team based in Glasgow. As the primary dispensing optician at IOLLA, you’ll have significant responsibility from the get go. Key duties will be to oversee all orders and be responsible for adhering to strict quality standards. You’ll work closely alongside our customer service and workshop teams. GOC registration is essential.
- Both process orders yourself and supervise the customer service team in processing all online and showroom customer orders
- Be directly responsible that the correct customer information is transcribed on to job slips and then handed over to our workshop team
- Ensure that lenses are correctly specified and ordered from our suppliers, and enhance the supplier relationship through effective reporting and communication
- Support and train our showroom and customer service teams with a wide depth of optical knowledge over the telephone and in person
- Oversee the packaging and dispatch of orders that are sent to our showroom or directly to the customer
- Conduct stock takes, intakes and order stock supplies
- Occasionally assist workshop team with marking, tracing, mounting and checking of workshop jobs
- A GOC registration
- A Dispensing Optician qualification with at least 2 years of experience
- A very high attention to detail and an interest in manufacturing
- An optimistic attitude and are very ambitious, you want to own this role and grow with the company
- An ability to cope with pressure and show composure in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to learn and then proficiently use CRM systems and computer software
- Competitive rate of pay depending on experience
- Rewards based on quality and customer satisfaction
- Free eyewear and discounts for friends and family
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative company and have an influence on key business decisions and to be part of a success story that you can help create.
This is a full-time position. You must be available to work 5 days a week, including full availability on weekend days. Optical experience is required.