Careers at IOLLA
IOLLA is a new brand of eyewear that is revolutionising the traditional optical market. Our proposition is to bring great quality eyewear inclusive of prescription lenses and coatings straight to the customer at £65. We combine online selling with physical retail spaces to give our customers the opportunity to try eyewear on before they buy. We currently have one showroom in Glasgow’s West End with more on the way, and have ambitious plans for the future.
We’re looking for exceptional people to join us as we put these into practice. For the right candidates, we can offer significant responsibility from the start, and the opportunity to be part of a progressive, fast-changing environment.
Workshop Associate (Optical Lab) - Closing 21st May 2017
What's the role?
We’re delighted to announce the opening of our first-ever in-house optical lab in Glasgow, Scotland. We’re looking for an experienced workshop associate to join our lab’s founding team.
What you'll do
- Workshop duties will include:
- Interpret prescription and order information to generate lab order slips
- Printing order slips and placing in job trays, ordering lenses and picking inventory from stock
- Operating frame tracer & manually inserting lenses into frames according to technical specifications
- Using focimeter to measure lenses against British standards
- Perform final visual QC inspection before shipping & be responsible for identifying defects
- Working closely with other teams to ensure all orders are consistently processed and updated in a timely manner
- Conducting stock intakes and ordering stock supplies
- Customer service duties will include:
- Delivering above-and-beyond customers service by email, phone and live chat with our customers regarding order updates, queries and issues
- Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize each customer’s experience
Who you are
- Equipped with 1+ year(s) of optical experience
- Able to glaze a variety of eyewear styles and at all levels
- Knowledgeable in lens types
- Able to use CRM software, e-commerce websites and modern technology hardware with proficiency
- An effective communicator
- Have a somewhat obsessive attention to detail
- Able to cope with pressure and not get weighed down when things go wrong
- Driven to get things done independently, and understand how you impact on the bigger picture
What you'll get:
- £17,000 per annum
- Rewards based on quality and customer satisfaction
- Free eyewear and discounts for friends and family
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative company and have an influence on key business decisions and to be part of a success story that you can help create
This is a full-time position. You must be available to work 5 days a week, including full availability weekend days.