7 November 2022
How to measure your PD
Measuring your pupil distance, or PD, is an important step in ordering your glasses. To take your PD measurement, you can either do it yourself or have it done by your optician during your eye test.
Here's how to do it yourself:
- Stand in front of a mirror and hold a millimetre ruler against your forehead, aligning the zero mark with the centre of one pupil.
- Close or cover one eye and measure the distance between the centre of the open pupil and the ruler.
- Repeat the process for the other eye.
- Write down both measurements.
- Keep in mind that the average PD measurement is between 55-75mm and if you are unsure about your measurement. you can get in touch with our Customer Support team who can give you a helping hand, or try .
It's important to have accurate PD measurements when ordering glasses to ensure a proper fit and perfect vision. Need more help? Send us a photo using the guidance below and we'll calculate your PD for you.